Saturday, August 8, 2015

Walking the Talk, or Why We Changed Our Venue for Sunday, Aug 9th, 2015!

Dear friends,

Some of you have been following the announcements I've been making about the upcoming performance of my choreopoem, ITAGUA MEJI: A Road & A Prayer, as I have posted rehearsal update photos and reminders about the show for the past month or so. The show is still on for Sunday, August 9th, but we have changed our venue to the Nuyorican Poets Cafe at 236 East 3rd Street, NYC from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Join us.
This decision to change venues is grounded in my heart-felt commitment to justice, Black lives, courageous truth-telling, and the very important choice to walk my talk, always. I am standing in solidarity with many artists, but most especially, Eboni Hogan, a spoken word artist and mother who was treated with gross disrespect at The Sidewalk Cafe (the former venue) as she advocated for proper treatment for her son. Thanks to Mahogany L. Browne for mobilizing the people and making it possible for the show to go on.
I have tagged all of my folk who responded to the event invite, but all are welcome to attend. Please spread the word. Thank you. Onward.



Check out the Facebook Event Link here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1053506571333924/

No comments: